"System folder not found error" updating to DEWESoftX_2020

• Software
  • "System folder not found error" updating to DEWESoftX_2020
Lemmy Atom

Posted on 22.09.2020 00:53

Hello,
I get the following error when trying to update from X3 SP12 to DEWESoftX_2020 on Windows 10 machine.
"System folder not found. Please reinstall Dewesoft or run installation repair."

I've tried reinstalling as well as running an install repair and end up with the same error.

X3 was uninstalled prior to update.

The error occurs mid-install but appears to finish installation after clicking OK, at which point there's a desktop icon as well as a DewesoftX programs folder and the Bin64 folder.

The error pops up during installation and again when trying to launch X from the new desktop icon.

I downloaded the

DewesoftX 2020.1 RELEASE-200921 offline installer (64-bit)

Attached files:
Rok Kmetič
Customer Support Engineer
Posted on 23.09.2020 09:44

Dear Lemmy Atom,

We apologize for the inconvenience. We have reported this issue and is already resolved.

There is a new version on the web page already which should fix this.

Best regards.

Lemmy Atom

Posted on 23.09.2020 17:28

Thank you.
Installed successfully.

Michael Cozza

Posted on 20.03.2024 23:28

It has been a few years since this was discussed but I am also getting this error today. Is there something I am doing wrong during the install of 2024.1?

Attached files:
Matic Pevec
Posted on 21.03.2024 08:27

Dear Michael,

What kind of installation do you proceed

• clean installation?
  • update of DewesoftX? Which is the current version that you update?

Best regards

Jeremy Koether

Posted on 09.04.2024 20:44

@Matic Pevec I am also getting the same error for a clean install on a new machine. Installing 2024.1 on Win10 machine for a single user.

Matic Pevec
Posted on 10.04.2024 09:35

Dear Jeremy,

Would it be possible to get access to your PC so we can check what kind of settings do you have and if DewesoftX has rights to create a folder on your drive, etc?

You can write to support@dewesoft.com to arrange a remote connection meeting.

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .