RS232 data inc GPS time - sync

• Software
  • RS232 data inc GPS time - sync
Carl Henderson
Posted on 04.02.2009 04:11
Dear Sirs I would like to use Dewesoft to log data from an AD card, a video camera and a couple of remote loggers. I can see that the AD card and video are relatively straight forward but can Dewesoft decompile RS232 data into its separate 16 AD channels plus GPS data? And can the GPS 'time of the week' be used to syncronise these different data streams? In addition I have a Xsens IMU but instead of direct USB connection I have to send the data over WLAN in RS232 format. In summary I have a local AD card to sync with data on COM 7 to COM9 for example. Thank you. ~Carl
Dejan Crnila

Posted on 06.02.2009 01:46
We do not have a general interface to RS232 devices, because parsing of data depends on the RS232 device itself. The RS232 devices send data in various data formats and it's therefore impossible to make a general interface to these devices. However, Dewesoft supports plugins which can implement interface to such devices, but you have to have some programming knowledge in order to write Dewesoft plugins.
Jure Knez
Posted on 06.02.2009 03:03
For the Xsens IMU we have a special plugin available, but I am not sure if your connection type allows that. If it appears like a normal COM port, it will work. Additionally only MT6/MT9 is supported at the moment (not the new type with GPS included).
Carl Henderson
Posted on 06.02.2009 05:19
Dejan, As with the CAN setup I was hoping to be able to adjust parameters to select data from the RS232 stream. Do you have an example plug-in, ideally one I could adapt for the purpose. Jure, The Xsens we have is the new MTi without the GPS but it should appear as a normal COM port. ~Carl
Dewesoft Administrator
Posted on 06.02.2009 09:37
Hi Carl, regarding your can setup - you can join our Developer zone and download example code for the plugins. You will find many information there. And regarding the XSens - you can go to our download page - downloads for licensed users and scroll down to XSens MT add-on to download it. Id it works for you we suggest you to buy a license for it. I've assign rights to your account so you will be able to access both sections. Best regards, Primoz DEWESoft Team
Alexander Heinrich

Posted on 01.08.2011 11:14
It seems that these links are not functioning anymore. Where could I find the information? Alex
Dejan Cencelj

Posted on 08.08.2011 09:31
First you need to login. Than go to: [url=http://www.dewesoft.com/dewesoft7/developer-downloads]http://www.dewesoft.com/dewesoft7/developer-downloads[/url]
Andy Everett

Posted on 20.06.2014 15:18

It would be interesting to hear from anyone that have developed a plug in to obtain and parse GPS time and date information from a NMEA GPS receiver. I have a very similar requirement to the one described above.

Andy

TimeToolsGlobal

Andy Everett

Posted on 20.06.2014 15:40

It would be interesting to hear from anyone that have developed a plug in to obtain and parse GPS time and date information from a NMEA GPS receiver. I have a very similar requirement to the one described above.

Andy

TimeToolsGlobal

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .