NI6115 Hardware

Steven Tan
Posted on 18.02.2009 21:41
I've several NI 6115 card, and would like to use Dewesoft with it for data acquisition. Is it supported?
Jure Knez
Posted on 19.02.2009 01:59
This is a transient card with onboard memory. It is currently not supported in Dewesoft. Would you use it for streaming (fast acquisition to hard disk) or with onboard triggering (storing triggered shots in onboard memory)?
Steven Tan
Posted on 22.02.2009 06:10
I've total 7 NI 6115 cards, and each has 64MB memory onboard, and would like to use it for onboard triggering. However, I've also another DEWETRAN system with spectrum cards(32 channels) that is meant for transient recorder, but it can also used with Dewesoft for stream to disk. If the NI 6115 can be program as the spectrum card, it will be excellent.
Jure Knez
Posted on 23.02.2009 02:59
Unfortunately Dewetrans does not support these cards. There is a plan to merge Dewetrans inside Dewesoft, but that will happen after the release of version 7. You can also see that Dewetrans needs a major redesign to be as friendly as Dewesoft. As we are currently fully occupied with version 7, no big changes are planned in Dewetrans before merge to Dewesoft. Supporting these cards is a major upgrade, since we have to use onboard triggering. So I am afraid that Dewetrans is limited to Spectrum at the moment.
Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .