Keyboard get stuck when running Dewesoft X2021.6

• Software
  • Keyboard get stuck when running Dewesoft X2021.6
Florian Brendel

Posted on 29.03.2023 09:40

Hello,

we are using several DS CAN2. With Dewesoft X3 it is all fine, but with the Dewesoft X2021.6 we tested, the keyboard on some sytems get stuck after a while, not only in Dewesoft, there is no response on the complete system on key press. Only we hit some keys very fast, the keyboard gets back. We also tried a newer Release X2023.1 but we have the same issue.

We running on a Windows 10 System with this data:

Edition   Windows 10 Pro

Version   22H2

Installiert am   ‎06.‎03.‎2023

Betriebssystembuild   19045.2604

Leistung   Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4190.0

Prozessor   Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz  3.60 GHz

Installierter RAM   32.0 GB

Systemtyp   64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

Stift- und Toucheingabe   Für diese Anzeige ist keine Stift- oder Toucheingabe verfügbar.

Is there any workaround to avoid this behavior.

Thank you!

Florian

Florian Brendel

Posted on 03.04.2023 13:08

Hi,

i found out, that this happens only wehen we have connected a Fujitsu KB521 DE Keyboard. So i think there is somthing happening with its driver. Problem is, we have a lot of these keyboards in our company!

Regards,

Florian

Rok Kmetič
Customer Support Engineer
Posted on 04.04.2023 10:27

Dear Florian,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to sort it out and thanks for letting us know.

Does the keyboard stop working also when the Dewesoft is in simulation mode?

Did you try connecting the devices to different USB ports?

Is the Keyboard wireless? We would recommend updating the Keyboard drivers just to be sure.

Best Regards.

Rok

Florian Brendel

Posted on 06.04.2023 11:43

Hi,

the Keyboard get stuck whether i'm in Simulationmode, only Software in Analyze mode without USB Hardware or in Measurement mode. Windows says the driver is up to date. So here some information how the keyboard is detected by Windows 10. It is no wirless keyboard!

The Keyboard is also detected as:

Bet Regards,

Florian

Rok Kmetič
Posted on 07.04.2023 15:34

Dear Florian,

this is a strange and unusual error. This is the first issue caused by a keyboard. Did you try to search for drivers online or just by Windows?

Best regards.

Rok

Florian Brendel

Posted on 11.04.2023 13:16

Hi,

i do not find any kind of drivers from the manufacturers page. So i think it exists only the Windows driver for this Keyboard.

https://www.fujitsu.com/global/products/computing/peripheral/accessories/input-devices/keyboards/keyboard-kb521.html

Best Regards,

Florian

Rok Kmetič
Posted on 19.04.2023 08:49

Dear Florian,

At first look, it seems like an ordinary keyboard. Is the keyboard connected with a USB cable or wireless using a dongle? If the PC has a USB 2.0 port connect the dongle to it.

Does this issue happens only on the mentioned PC, or it can be reproduced on any other PC?

Did you notice that the issue happens in any other program?

Best regards.

Rok

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .