find file with max. value in 4000 Dewesoft Files

• Software
  • find file with max. value in 4000 Dewesoft Files
Stefan J

Posted on 08.09.2020 16:54

is it possible to find the maximum in 4000 Dewesoft MultidataFiles - 50Mb each? We need the file with the highest value of all files - eg. abs.max in channel "pABnT"

Matic Pevec
Customer Support Engineer
Posted on 11.09.2020 13:01

Hi Stefan,

I would need more explanation in regard to your question.

Would you like to find the name of the datafile, e.g. to open the datafile with the maximum value of the particular channel?

• I think the easiest approach would be writing the sequence that searches for the maximum value through all datafiles. Output would be filename of the datafile.

Or do you need the highest value, no matter which datafile has it?

• Approach would be, to open all 4000 multifile at once and perform Math for searching the maximum value.

Please let me know your intentions, before I continue searching for the best solution.

BR, Matic

Stefan J

Posted on 14.09.2020 16:29

Hello Matic,

yes i would like to find a way to get the name of the datafile which has the highest channel value of all files.

Matic Pevec
Customer Support Engineer
Posted on 15.09.2020 17:03

Dear Stefan,

I've prepared a simple Sequence that goes through multifile and looks for the datafile with the highest value.

To use it, you need perform some modifications. Use your folder path where the multifile is.

Change the Channel name that your're looking for maximum

Do not hesitate if you have any other questions.

BR Matic

Attached files:
Stefan J

Posted on 22.09.2020 08:51

Hello Matic, we were able to find the datafile with the highest value.

Thx for your help!

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .