Dewesoft X 2023.1 is prefixing channel type to channel name fields for .csv and winplot exports (possibly others)

• Software
  • Dewesoft X 2023.1 is prefixing channel type to channel name fields for .csv and winplot exports (possibly others)
Gary Floyd

Posted on 27.01.2023 17:16

Channel type is being prefixed to channel name in export. Is there a way to turn this off, otherwise this un-useable. This was an upgrade from 2022.1, offline installer. and xls output is also adding this information. Did add remove of 2023.1 and reinstalled it, same issue. Also same issue with 2022.4 installed.

Attached files:
Gregor Šmit

Posted on 30.01.2023 15:38

Dear Gary,

thank you for reaching out to us. For now it is not possible to change the name. This naming was introduced with version DewesoftX 2022.4. I will open a ticket with our developers and will keep you updated.

Edit:

The Excel export does not contain prefix:

Kind regards,

Gregor Šmit

Gary Floyd

Posted on 30.01.2023 22:07

Please add an option to turn this on/off at the very least. If this is left on, I will not be able to update to a newer version of the software and will not be purchasing any additional Dewesoft equipment if this does not change.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 22.02.2023 13:17

Just checking to see if this is being considered?

Gregor Šmit

Posted on 27.02.2023 08:49

Dear Gary,

thank you for your kind reminder. Our developers are working on the solution and I will notify you when it is resolved.

Kind regards.

Kenny Riker

Posted on 22.03.2023 03:41

Yeah I'd like to upvote this change. A lot less user friendly with those channel names.

Gregor Šmit

Posted on 29.03.2023 14:54

Dear Gary,

we would like to inform you that the issue was fixed (Prefix is added only if channel names are the same) in DewesoftX 2023/2/RELEASE-230324.

Kind regards.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 30.03.2023 03:16

Just downloaded 2023.2 a few minutes ago, web installer, and I installed as an update. I am not seeing anything change to the .txt, .csv or winplot, ie they still have the extra channel information. Do I need to do a clean install.

Gregor Šmit

Posted on 30.03.2023 08:45

Dear Gary, an additional option, Channel prefix, was added in the Export, please refer to the attached image. Kind regards.

Attached files:
Gary Floyd

Posted on 31.03.2023 04:07

@Gregor Šmit

I am seeing the change for winplot after a clean install but still no change for the csv or txt so still not useable.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 31.03.2023 04:22

Ok after moving through the export options the dialog is now showing up under csv and excel. The box appears in different spots on the screen every time I go into the csv export but that’s just a win 11 bug on machine. The csv export now has the channel no appended with .A1 style instead prefixed with a slash so still seem to be missing something.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 31.03.2023 04:26

Oh I see now there is an option that is turned on by default under advanced to append the channel type to the name. Sorry for all the posts.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 31.03.2023 04:53

I spoke to soon the winplot export now has the channel appended directly to channel name regardless if the new dialog is changed, no longer does it have a /.

Gregor Šmit

Posted on 04.04.2023 13:07

Dear Gary,

thank you for reporting this. I have opened a ticket with our developers as this will need to be fixed within WinPlot export. I will notify you when this is resolved.

Kind regards.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 12.05.2023 03:54

Since this is taking a long time to fix. We went ahead and wrote out own winplot export tool (replaces the sunacc.dll and export plugin. We tried using the data reader library as starting point, but our python developer could even get it to compile so he said it would be easier to start from scratch since it did not use any of pandas tools. Ended up taking him a bit longer than he hoped but after a few hours of work we have a decent export which supports underscores, descriptions so that Dewesoft and winplot channels names exactly match each other. Thanks

Gregor Šmit

Posted on 28.08.2023 10:51

Dear Gary,

we would like to inform you that the issue with Channel prefix names in the WinPlot nad TXT export is resolved in DewesoftX 2023.6 (DEV-230822).

Kind regards.

Gary Floyd

Posted on 27.10.2023 05:07

@Gregor Šmit

This looks like it’s fixed in 2023.5 already.

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .