IFM SM7000 Flow meter

Adrian Burdacki

Posted on 09.07.2022 11:31

Good morning,

I would like to get some clarification upon wiring connection for an analog output 0-10V.

I’m using DEWESoft SIRIUS LV+ that is capable of supplying 24V to the sensor. I’m using 9pin D-sub connector.

Please find some details upon the connection and flow meter. Picture number 2 is this correct?

Thank you

Best Regards 

Adrian

Rok Kmetič
Customer Support Engineer
Posted on 27.07.2022 16:02

Dear Adrian,

first I want to apologize for the late response.

Yes, you are correct the Pin 7 has to be connected to the negative potential.

In this case, I would select Unipolar EXC. Your connection diagram is correct in this case. Also additional connection from IN- to EXC- is correct, this will manually set the Input type to Single Ended which is required in case of Excitation powered 3-wire sensor (Power, Ground, Signal).

Some additional information:

The SNS pins need to be connected to the excitation connectors manually because the sense connectors are used to regulate the excitation voltage. If the sense isn't connected to the excitation, they will have a bigger noise on the excitation.

The difference between Bipolar and Unipolar excitation:

Bipolar is referred to Ground on pin4. Measured from EXC+ to EXC- you will see the selected 10V. Measured EXC+ to GND = +5V and measured from EXC- to GND = -5V, hence BI-POLAR. 

Best Regards.

Rok

Login to reply to this topic. If you don't have account yet, you can signup for free account .